Doctor Report Letter Worktype Medical Transcription Sample

LETTER TO PROVIDER SAMPLE

Month Date, Year



John Doe, MD (Addressee)
Street Address
City, State  Zip Code

RE:  LAST NAME, First Name (Patient Name)

Dear Dr. Doe:

I have evaluated the patient for her complaints and symptoms. Her evaluation included another MRI of the brain for her facial numbness with and without contrast along with complete metabolic profile, liver function, lipids, urinalysis, and chest x-ray. These were all done as she had various coughs and pains in her chest, and she was having some flank pain. In addition, the patient tells me that she may have sleep apnea symptoms.

In this regard, I have booked a sleep study for which she will return, and fortunately, the MRI is normal. Urinalysis is normal. Liver function was normal. Her lipid profile, however, is mildly abnormal with a cholesterol of 221 and an LDL of 154. I will leave this to you as to how to manage this.  Her hemoglobin A1c was 5.4. CBC was otherwise normal.

I am not sure what is actually causing the patient's symptoms of numbness. She does have some anxiety and may be using benzodiazepine somewhat regularly, but I am not certain of this. To see if we can afford some empiric relief of these symptoms, I will start her on Neurontin 300 mg at bedtime, and she will be in touch with me as to how she is doing in these regards. She is also going to be seeing an ophthalmologist as she had some minor visual symptoms. I suspect she has presbyopia.

Thank you for sending the patient to me for evaluation. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be mailing the patient her lab results directly.

Sincerely,



Jane Doe, MD

*********************************************************************

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN SAMPLE REPORT

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a patient under my care who has a history of low back pain and leg pain, which can be as severe as a 9-10/10. The patient has known degenerative disk disease with a possible annular tear in the past as well as spondylosis. For these reasons, the patient is unable to sit for any prolonged period of time and therefore should be excused from jury duty. If there are any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Sincerely,



Jane Doe, MD

*********************************************************************

LETTER TO PATIENT SAMPLE

Month Date, Year



Patient Name (Addressee)
Street Address
City, State  Zip Code

Dear (Patient Name):

I hope this letter finds you well. Thank you for having your outside laboratory studies checked recently. I did receive a copy of these. These show that you have normal vitamin D levels with the vitamin D total level being 51, which is considered within normal range. Your liver tests are all acceptable, except for your alkaline phosphatase, which is elevated at 142. This is an enzyme that is produced by the liver as well as by the bone. It is a bit on the high side. You do not have any evidence of anemia on your complete blood count, I am pleased to say.

In reviewing your chart, it does look like this single liver enzyme has crept up slightly over the past few years. I know you have a visit coming up with me in the near future, and I would like to repeat blood testing at that time to see where alkaline phosphatase is. If it is still borderline elevated, we may need to talk about possibly some followup testing as well. This is a very mild elevation, however.

I look forward to seeing you at our upcoming appointment and hope you are well.

Sincerely,



Jane Doe, MD